The following career opportunities are available within the Bible Society Australia Group:
Volunteer Position: Church Agent
Advocate for the work of Bible Society in your church community
Hours flexible to suit your lifestyle
Sydney metropolitan locations
Bible Society Australia (BSA) is an Australian not-for-profit charity dedicated to making the Bible available to all people, in Australia and around the world, in a language they can understand, in a format they can use, and at a price they can afford. Founded in 1817, BSA is part of a fellowship of 152 Bible Societies around the world. The mission of BSA is to translate, publish, distribute and engage people with the Bible, both in Australia and internationally.
We are currently looking for people who are passionate about the Bible and willing to advocate for its importance in their community. This is a great opportunity to use a small amount of your time and people skills in your church community to help more people around the world gain access to the Bible.
The purpose of this position is to be a spokesperson for the work of BSA within your church community. The objective is to build relationships, good will and partnerships to aid the ongoing mission of BSA. This includes but is not limited to-
- Connecting with people in your church community about the work of BSA.
- Mobilising a network of people to pray via the BSA Prayer Partners program.
- Promotion of BSA events, fundraising and other activities in your local Christian community.
- Fundraising for BSA through connections with your church mission and aid committee and promotion of BSA’s regular appeals.
- Facilitation of other partnership opportunities where relevant and in conjunction with your local BSA Church and Community Relations Coordinator.
If this role sounds like you we would like to hear from you!
Please email an expression of interest letter outlining your skills and experience and a recent resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information please call Jonathon Harris on 0403 811 480
Please note: A full recruitment process will take place including an interview, references and police check, as well a thorough induction and ongoing training for the successful applicants.
Candidates are encouraged to apply immediately.